Welcome

Welcome to Harvest Moon, a place where the creatures and landscapes of my imagination take form and meet the world. Nestled in beneath the wild craggy tors of Dartmoor inspiration comes on chilly winds from moonlit landscapes of other realms which share this rugged, ancient land of gorse and granite. Living here I sometimes feel on a bridge between worlds and ages as the land speaks from spluttering streams and wind-beaten tors, telling stories of folk and beast, but only in snatches before the endings are whipped away down the valley with the broad river and out to sea. So here I will share these stories and characters and they can dwell in your own imagination, continuing their stories with infinite outcomes. This is how they live, enjoy them!

Wednesday, 18 July 2012

growing together

this is the painting I made for our handfasting invitations......... we were inspired by the wizened dartmoor hawthorns which are often split in to twin trunks which dance around one another with their feet entangled and their arms stretched up in determined celebration against the driving winds.


may we grow together with equal zeal and determination!

3 comments:

  1. I love this, such brilliant work

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love trees and as these were inspired buy Dartmoor I am all the more in love with this beautiful painting of yours! :)
    Jess x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Ronnie & Jess!

    So glad the painting conveys what it intended to! Trees and Dartmoor are such inspiration that I do find it hard to draw anything else at times!

    Cari x

    ReplyDelete