Welcome

Welcome to Harvest Moon, a place where the creatures and landscapes of my imagination take form and meet the world. Nestled in beneath the wild craggy tors of Dartmoor inspiration comes on chilly winds from moonlit landscapes of other realms which share this rugged, ancient land of gorse and granite. Living here I sometimes feel on a bridge between worlds and ages as the land speaks from spluttering streams and wind-beaten tors, telling stories of folk and beast, but only in snatches before the endings are whipped away down the valley with the broad river and out to sea. So here I will share these stories and characters and they can dwell in your own imagination, continuing their stories with infinite outcomes. This is how they live, enjoy them!

Monday, 7 March 2011

The on-going adventures of the Hedglings...

The Hedglings were born on a sunny, crisp spring morning, much like this one, back in the days when I was a farm hand living in North Devon on my converted green bus. As described in my previous post, I feel that people and hedgehogs have a special friendship, and our little friends are so full of character and curiosity that  many writers have woven them into tall tales and silly stories. My hedglings are a group of young hedgehogs exploring their world with excitement, bafflement and no shortage of mischief. The three prickly stars of the stories came very clearly to me along with their caring and protective mother and sage old grandfather. On their journies they meet moles, squirrels, mushrooms and the occasional lesser seen woodland creatures such as brownies and imps. I am still developing the stories and the illustrations and enjoying seeing them evolve and grow. Here the hedglings have snuck away by the light of the moon to find a fairy ring of colourful treasures....they wonder how tasty they might be, but these are not for eating, someone is guarding them for a much higher purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment